Reports To: VP of Development
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
Worksite: On-site Plano, TX
EEO Category: First/Mid Offs & Mgrs
Optum Financial® (www.vpayusa.com) is focused on delivering best-in-class claims payment solutions designed specifically to streamline the payment process while significantly reducing costs – enabling the companies we work with to take control of payment costs no matter how complex the landscape.
Optum Financial offers competitive compensation based on experience, an excellent benefits package, and a fantastic work environment that is high energy, dynamic and progressive. Because our business is rapidly growing and changing, you will need to be receptive to a constant state of change.
Our office is located in Plano near the intersection of Coit Road and Plano Parkway.
The Development Manager will provide leadership and guidance for design, development, and implementation of application projects and production support of application code. You will maintain relationships between development and senior business leaders to ensure that development is proactively identifying and providing strategic opportunities to advance the business goals. In this role you will lead a team of development resources, who identify, design and deliver solutions to achieve defined business objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with operations, data and business analysts to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the development team has appropriate requirements, technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver solutions effectively and timely
- Establish realistic timeline estimates while ensuring projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Manage development resources and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with distributed teams
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to optimum performance levels and career development
- Perform and oversee development tasks associated with the design and development of project elements using Microsoft .NET as the primary platform
- Help developers resolve technical problems as well as work with department heads to solve business related issues
- Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial software to fit specific needs
- Mentor junior developers and work as a team member to improve group processes and set standards
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in software systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management
- Participate in software documentation, training and deployment efforts
- Evaluate new technologies from simple research through setting up and running an effective proof-of-concept, to determine if and when they should be incorporated into the business
- Provide guidance to others by reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality
- Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis
- Communicate with department management, project managers, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 8+ years total IT experience with a minimum of 3 years managing IT development teams and direct resource management.
- 5+ years’ experience working with other leaders to maximize reuse of work and data, share knowledge and expertise, identify opportunities to streamline and improve the consistency of work processes, and effectively support work efforts that span multiple applications areas.
- 5+ years’ experience in handling multiple concurrent projects and priorities as well as the ability to handle rapid and frequent changes in priorities.
- 3+ years’ experience establishing and reporting on project and service level metrics.
- 3+ years leadership experience including resource planning, delegating, estimating and prioritizing work and team development.
- 5+ years’ experience with creating and facilitating presentations, adept in MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- 5+ years development experience in numerous IT applications, tools, languages and infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ experience enhancing development standards and understanding of IT security and compliance remediation activities.
- 5+ years’ experience with SDLC, software development life-cycle.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Optum Financial participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.