Lead Production Support DevOps Developer
Reports To: VP of Development
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Worksite: On-site Plano, TX
EEO Category: Professionals
VPay® (www.vpayusa.com) is focused on delivering best-in-class claims payment solutions designed specifically to streamline the payment process while significantly reducing costs – enabling the companies we work with to take control of payment costs no matter how complex the landscape.
VPay offers competitive compensation based on experience, an excellent benefits package, and a fantastic work environment that is high energy, dynamic and progressive. Because our business is rapidly growing and changing, you will need to be receptive to a constant state of change.
Our office is located in Plano near the intersection of Coit Road and Plano Parkway.
The Lead Production Support DevOps Developer works collaboratively with software and QA developers to deploy our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You will build and maintain tolls for development, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, stage and production environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong background in Windows and Linux administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Bamboo, Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and services
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus too)
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, Bash, .NET)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available environment
- Be hands-on and lead by following best practices in development and CI/CD methods
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 7+ years of experience automating processes in Python, project and program analytical support
- Business process and/or business re-engineering experience
- Experience in Technical Operations, Systems Administration, or related
- Can come up with creative solutions and work with minimal direction
- Familiar with Operational best practices
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate follow through – meets stated expectations – on-time and with quality
- Detail orientation – accurate execution of critical transaction
- Ability to pass strict background check for handling sensitive data
- Able to learn and then use, manage and administer third party software used for project management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
VPay participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.