Senior Production Support Platform Developer
Reports To: VP of Development
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Schedule: M-F, occasional weekend/after-hours support
Worksite: On-site Plano, TX
EEO Category: Professionals
Optum Financial® (www.vpayusa.com) is focused on delivering best-in-class claims payment solutions designed specifically to streamline the payment process while significantly reducing costs – enabling the companies we work with to take control of payment costs no matter how complex the landscape.
Optum Financial offers competitive compensation based on experience, an excellent benefits package, and a fantastic work environment that is high energy, dynamic and progressive. Because our business is rapidly growing and changing, you will need to be receptive to a constant state of change.
Our office is located in Plano near the intersection of Coit Road and Plano Parkway.
The Senior Production Support Platform Developer is responsible for the rewriting, performance enhancements, scalability, and deployments/triage of our existing applications. This includes some day to day operations, financial integrity, and overall reliability of the platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IT security and is comfortable with both customer-facing and operational implementation roles.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and developing automated processes for technology solutions
- Be hands-on and lead by following best practices in development and CI/CD methods
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Own delivery from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience automating processes in Python, project and program analytical support
- Business process and/or business re-engineering experience
- Experience in Technical Operations, Systems Administration, or related
- Can come up with creative solutions and work with minimal direction
- Familiar with Operational best practices
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate follow through – meets stated expectations – on-time and with quality
- Detail orientation – accurate execution of critical transaction
- Ability to pass strict background check for handling sensitive data
- Able to learn and then use, manage and administer third party software used for project management
- 5+ years’ experience with SDLC, software development life-cycle
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Optum Financial participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.