Senior Software Developer
Reports To: Development Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
Worksite: On-site Plano, TX
EEO Category: Professional
Optum Financial® (www.vpayusa.com) is focused on delivering best-in-class claims payment solutions designed specifically to streamline the payment process while significantly reducing costs – enabling the companies we work with to take control of payment costs no matter how complex the landscape.
Optum Financial offers competitive compensation based on experience, an excellent benefits package, and a fantastic work environment that is high energy, dynamic and progressive. Because our business is rapidly growing and changing, you will need to be receptive to a constant state of change.
Our office is located in Plano near the intersection of Coit Road and Plano Parkway.
The Senior Software Developer is a member of the Application Development team. This person will be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle with an emphasis on architecture, design, quality and implementation and provide contributions to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major data processing and transformation applications and systems
- Design and develop .NET applications using C#, ASP.NET, MVC, ASMX Services, WCF Services, API and Domain Services
- Use jQuery, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
- Write T-SQL queries and perform data modeling
- Mentor Developers and providing guidance when necessary
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies
- Perform code reviews and participate in defining & ensuring adherence to coding standards
- Provide development estimate on stories and tasks
- Support and maintain existing and new applications
- Attend/Facilitate meetings with users regarding requirements when appropriate
- Unit test and debug programs as necessary
- Remain current on information technology and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a developer required
- 7+ years of technology focused experience required
- Experience architecting, building, and launching software products and services
- Experience with large transformation or modernization projects
- Agile and/or Kanban with JIRA required
- Skilled multitasker with excellent listening skills
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal direction
- Able to learn and then use and explain relevant government regulations in the areas of banking, HealthCare, Travel, Business to Business relations. Examples include ACH, 835, 1099, SSAE16
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to pass strict background check for handling sensitive data
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but could serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Optum Financial participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.